1. It's tough to earn financial freedom in one lifetime by working for someone else.
2. Office politics is a soul-sucking form of hell. Do I really need a source to prove that to you?
3. The commute, and all that sitting, is killing you.
4. You don't have to be employed to get affordable health insurance anymore.
5. Because You Can. It's possible in this country to change your finances and your life.
Opportunity + hard work = success. Ask the guys on Shark Tank. Or Ask "I Will Teach You to Be Rich" Ramit Sethi, he'll tell you. The United States has a system that allows and encourages small businesses.
(I earned my first $1,000 side-hustle money with inspiration from Ramit. I don't make a dime promoting him to others, he's just a great resource for us all.)